BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a very nice reg. (not low) corbin seat that was on a 2002 1200LT.
I own a 2005. Would there be any problems?

Also I am 6', 185lbs and a inseem of 34''. I have lowered the pegs. Any problems there?

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have a 2002 LT with Corbin. The factory says there is no difference. The seat hasn't changed since they came out.

I just today took my LT out for my first ride with my used (new to me.) Corbin that I picked up. I am going to sell it....I only have a 29 in. inseam and can't reach the ground with both feet. :eek:

So...with 34in inseam....you will be fine.

I have had there seat on other bikes and Love them. At least they don't look like a tractor seat like some custom seats. :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
ok, 2004 std seat does not fit a 2002lt model without grinding the edge of the tupperware all the way around I know I have done it. so I suspect that you may have some problems but I am not sure hope it works for you

·
Registered
160 Posts
You won't have a problem, I just put an older corbin on my 07 I think it came off an 02. The only thing I don't like about it is it's not as narrow as the BMW seat so it's harder to reach the ground even with my 33 in inseam, but you'll like it. ( no cutting involved There all the same) Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also bought a Corbin seat for my '03 LT. I bought it from a person that was pretty short and he found it too wide for his legs to touch the ground.

Since you stated the seat was NOT a low seat it should fit just fine. I found that replaceing the factory seat with my Corbin seat was not very hard at all... No carving of the plastic, nothing special needed.

I am 6'3" 275 with a 34" inseam and it fits me great. I dont think your lowered pegs what be that much of a factor...

Enjoy the comfy ride.

Bryan

·
Registered
866 Posts
I had an 05 Lt and put an older (99 - 04) model Corbin seat on ... Popped right on no problems and worked great!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts