BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am loving my LT but I have a couple of questions.

First where is the fuse box? It seems that the rear aux. power outlet works but the front one doesn't.

Second and probably more important. My rear brake rotar seems to be loose. It makes some aweful clacking noise when I hit bumps. what should I do?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
your fuses are under the seat, your outlet was probably not hooked back up when the plastic was taken off the last time. Take off the left tip over wing and you can probably get you hand back there to check.

Your rotor can either be replaced with a bmw one or you can get an aftermarket one, look for threads in the "search" function, on how to replace it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Found the fuses, well I'm kinda blind, the GF said hey is that it. I pulled the cover off one of them and there was the blown one. YEAH, thanks.

I did do a little searching, But this doesn't seem like a replacement thing. The rotar itself is loose on the mounting, I was wondering is it suppodes to be like that or has all of the hardware holding the rotar on loosened somehow?

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
matt_rad73 said:
Found the fuses, well I'm kinda blind, the GF said hey is that it. I pulled the cover off one of them and there was the blown one. YEAH, thanks.

I did do a little searching, But this doesn't seem like a replacement thing. The rotar itself is loose on the mounting, I was wondering is it suppodes to be like that or has all of the hardware holding the rotar on loosened somehow?
Hey, Matt - I don't know what model year your LT is, butt if it's a '99 or '00, here is a multi-list of the fuse boxes inventory, and sizes. You can print 'em out and store one in your trunk behind the vanity light, and maybe give a coupla LTrider friends a copy, if they have those model years. Newer model year LTs have a different listing, I think. You might find those with a search. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you would fill out your profile, or post the year of your motorycle, we might be able to provide bette rinformation on the brake rotor. For example, there is a service bulleting for motorcycles still under warrenty that replaces the 10 botton rotor with a 5 button rotor at no cost to you.

If your motorcyle is oout of warrenty there are aftermarket rotors available too, but if you choose BMW get the new one and avoid some of the issues involved with squealing brakes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry newbie to the board and lazy. added a sig with my bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts