BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all packed and gassed up for a group ride this AM. I made the map in mapquest and then sent it to my 665 after having to down load new garmin communication software.

I watched the Sending" icon for a while before I started trying to trouble shoot the problem. I started the map around 7:30 and gave up playing with my 665 around 9AM, the time our group ride was to leave.

during the day I played around with whatever I could think of, including trying to sen an email request to garmin for help. Garmin's email site would NOT send my message.

After trying different searches I finally found the Zumo forum and left a request for help.

I could see a GPS file loaded into my GPS. It eventually ocured to me to look for a GPS file converter which I found, GPS into KML. After the file was converted all I had to do was click here and Google maps opened the file.

that was how I discovered the GPS file was packed full of way points I hadn't included in the map. It look as if it scooped up everything I have stored into favorites.

I deleted the file, loaded a test map from mapquest and its working?

I also discovered that we can load one item from google maps directly into my 665, not a map, but one point.

As a result we can use google search to find a point on a map and sent that to our gps.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I honestly didn't think ANYONE still used MapQuest. :D

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried Base Camp by using the on line tutorial and didn't get anywhere with it.

I asked some questions on line and didn't get any help.

So, MapQuest works.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts