BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should one expect to pay for a used hydraulic center actuator unit? Has anyone seen pricing on trike take offs?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
slmorley said:
What should one expect to pay for a used hydraulic center actuator unit? Has anyone seen pricing on trike take offs?
there is one on ebay for $600

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Saw one today on ebay for $699. It is located in Hillsboro, OR. Dude triked his LT. He also has a later model (2005+) final drive for sale. Search on K1200LT and it is a couple pages in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sheldan2 said:
there is one on ebay for $600
Yes I saw that listing. I was wondering if that was about the going rate.

A new one lists at $1109. With a 20% discount that puts it at $887. I don't know if it's worth the risk of saving about 30% to get a used piece?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have an '03 LT and found a used non-hydraulic center stand assy.
That gave me 2 complete units.
With that...

I shortened the new stand by 1 inch. I also had to shorten the center tube.
I then had a slight recessed bore machined into each open tube (6 places).
Then inserted steel machined inserts for added strength and stability during welding.

Then... To assure proper fit and seating on the centerstand bracket I reassembled the peices onto the mount bracket.

Then... I pushed / wiggled / tapped everything into its proper place. (Feet seated flat with the 3rd leg of the centerstand also in contact with ground and the detents / hard stops both in solid contact)

Then welded / cleaned up and installed.

Result: I now have what some may consider a "Ride - off" stand.
Definition: I can place the bike onto the centerstand with minimum effort (while still seated on the bike) and ride the bike off the centerstand. (kinda like a small speed bump)

I leave the bike in gear while on the center stand for stability.
AND
I still have the original in case I change my mind.

·
Registered
860 Posts
davek1 said:
... Then welded / cleaned up and installed.

Result: I now have what some may consider a "Ride - off" stand.
Definition: I can place the bike onto the centerstand with minimum effort (while still seated on the bike) and ride the bike off the centerstand. (kinda like a small speed bump)

I leave the bike in gear while on the center stand for stability.
AND
I still have the original in case I change my mind.
Interesting... you didn't happen to take pictures of this retro did you???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts