BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had the opportunity to sit on an LT with a corbin seat setup... much more comfy than my stock lowered seat which puts a lot of pressure on my 'taint' area - if you get my meaning - question is, will the corbin drivers seat work with the stock rear seat my wife really likes?

don't want to change the back, just the front... the folks at the BMW dealer i was at said it can't be done, but i'd rather hear from experienced LT riders...

appreciate any response!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Re: corbin seat question

Yes you can have the Corbin front seat without having to change out the rear/passenger seat. There are 5 T-screws on the underneath side of the front seat that need to be removed and you can then install the Corbin seat. If your front seat is a heated seat, you can install a set of male/female connectors instead of having to unplug the heated seat connector under the tupperware. I change out my Corbin each spring and install my Kontour seat and then in the fall swap again.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: corbin seat question

Bruce said:
Yes you can have the Corbin front seat without having to change out the rear/passenger seat. There are 5 T-screws on the underneath side of the front seat that need to be removed and you can then install the Corbin seat. If your front seat is a heated seat, you can install a set of male/female connectors instead of having to unplug the heated seat connector under the tupperware. I change out my Corbin each spring and install my Kontour seat and then in the fall swap again.

Hope that helps.
Agree. I did a corbin front, and stock rear on my 2009. Works just fine, and while some seem to think there is a gap between the back of the corbin and the front of the stock, it is not significant - you really don't notice it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have a Corbin front and OEM rear on our 2000 and we are BOTH happy campers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
considering the cost of those seats, i'd appreciate it if you guys would tell me where you park your bikes, and when you'll be on vacation...so i can...um... borrow one for a few years...promise i'll bring the seat back when i'm done with it!

in all seriousness, if you know someone with a used corbin front seat for sale...send them my way! [email protected]

·
Registered
519 Posts
Wish I could help, but I already sold the Corbin a couple months back to a guy here on the fourm.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Do understand the physical shape of the bike body panels and profile of seat pan differ between the early @ 99-04 LT's and the latter models.
* Not sure exact year the seats got narrowed and body panels as well ?

Robert1965 said:
considering the cost of those seats, i'd appreciate it if you guys would tell me where you park your bikes, and when you'll be on vacation...so i can...um... borrow one for a few years...promise i'll bring the seat back when i'm done with it!

in all seriousness, if you know someone with a used corbin front seat for sale...send them my way! [email protected]

·
Registered
204 Posts
I too have the Corbin Driver's seat with the OEM passenger seat on my 01' There is a slight gap between the seats but not enough to make a difference. The Corbin seat is much heavier as well so the stock gas strut will not support it. lthough the Corbin seat is far more comfortable than the stocker, I put the BMW Comfort seat on in the winter as the heater seems far superior for those 500-600 miles I put on during the winter months.

It also seems as the heater wires don't extend very far up into the front "horn" section of the Corbin seat either. As I have commented to a Corbin customer service rep on the phone once:

"the crack is hot, the sac is not!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts