BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The switch on my Corbin broke and they have sent a new switch. While trying to remove the old switch I pulled the connectors off before I could get a look at which color wire goes where. Need help. There is a green, black, gray, and a brown with two connectors on that brown wire. Switch looks a little like this

___ ___

|
___ ___

Any ideas on which wire goes where?

Thanks

Mitch
2002 K1200LT

·
Registered
66 Posts
Heat

Hey Mitch,

I'd go to www.checkcorp.com and ask 'em. They are the mfg. of the heating unit, and will probably be better able to answer your question vs. Corbin.

I tried looking at the backside of my switch, but the hole in the seat is just too small to visualize the wiring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Still waiting on call from Corbin. Checkcorp has replied to my email send a drawing of the switch and detailed description of how to hook everthing back up. Also asked how I like the product for their information. how are the temps, warm up time and things like that. Had to thank them for great customer support. Even though to me Corbin is their customer.

Again thanks for the lead.

Mitch

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mitch,

I feel like an idjet. I thought the Corbin switches were pop-riveted on there, but just now..on closer inspection realized them are leetle bolts there! I'll help a guy out, but wasn't going to "drill out me pop rivets" for anybody...

Let me know if you need "my" help, as I can now visualize the wiring!

I still don't know if the Corbin two position switch has hi-low heat or just a single heating choice?? Rode today, and my wife's seat kinda felt the same as mine no matter what setting.

Mine is wired like this......

2 brown black
___ ___

\ green

___ ___
black grey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts