BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a Corbin rider seat that fits the early bikes will fit a 2006?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
It should based on the fact that the stock rear seat is the same for all years of the LT.

Reactions: djmellor and beech

·
Premium Member
7,837 Posts
It should based on the fact that the stock rear seat is the same for all years of the LT.
Is it just the side panels that changed that causes some trimming need when early vs. late model seat swap is made? I forget now which way requires some trimming.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
I guess I should add that my experience with Corbin seats is the rears will not work with the stock fronts so you need the front Corbin as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, may not have been clear. I'm wondering if the Corbin front seats fit all years or if they are different for the two generations of LTs...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,061 Posts
You were clear I just read "rear" for "rider" my bad.

Like Voyager said the difference is only on the early bikes with the tupperware directly under the drivers (riders) seat being taller than the later years. In your case your tupperware is shorter and the seat will fit without trimming the tupperware. There may be a visible gap under the seat but it will fit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone! Now off to find one...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a complete OEM rider and pass seat(s) available if interested. Or if interested in getting a custom seat made from an OEM.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool! Would you mind sending me a couple of pics and let me know what you want for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if a Corbin rider seat that fits the early bikes will fit a 2006?
I bought a used Corbin that fit the earlier models. I can, (but haven't), mounted it onto my '06LT. It will mount, but
it isn't going to latch down and lock. At some point I'll sell it or mount it just to try it, but mounting it is easier said than done.
Ed James, Saint David in Maine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts