BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about cooling fans, I've had my '03 LT for 4 years now and as far as I know the electric fans have never ran, guess I've been lucky to never get caught in serious traffic.
About to leave on a long road trip and want to make sure they work and work properly, so my question what is the best way to make them come on? Just crank the bike and let it sit?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Might check your fuses, 4 amp.
Seems odd that they have never turned on, mine have been on when I exited the freeway at a stoplight.

later..Randy

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've had my 07 for 7 years and I think the fans only came on once or twice and that was after getting caught going through town, stop and go traffic in 90 degree temps. I try and avoid riding in hot temps and I also ride in rural settings so I can keep moving, if you do the same type of riding your fans won't come on either.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Every time I change antifreeze I run the engine at 2000 rpm in neutral until the fans kick on.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Norton, that's exactly the type of riding I do....I hate taking the bike into a city, even a city that I know.

Every time I change antifreeze I run the engine at 2000 rpm in neutral until the fans kick on.
I just changed my anti-freeze, so I'll give that a try.

Thanks

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Keep an eye on the temp gauge the fans should kick on just before the red zone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts