BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the coolant sensor, all hoses and only got about 2 quarts of coolant is there that much more setting in the engine housing? If so how can I get the remainder out to refill with new coolant.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Was the radiator full when you removed the radiator cap? Sounds like your system may not have been full before you drained it.

Just a thought. :bmw:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,063 Posts
I was able to remove all of it without pulling the sensor. I just sucked it out of the pump area. You have drained it all is you pulled the sensor (the one up front by the water pump and not the one on the back of the cylinder head).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I guess it was low, the overflow was empty and i could just touch coolant in radiator. Once I get the "O" ring for the thermostat i'll finish putting it back together and see what happens. I've read several post about squeezing the hoses to move the coolant. I just don't see where the coolant could have gone since I didn't see any leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.