BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum; but do appreciate any info you guys can give. A little history on my issue; A trip back in June up in Colorado Rockies we had been doing alot of slow travel stopped at motel shut off bike and had a small boil over. I replaced coolant with only a few ounces of coolant mix. Checked it regularly rest of trip no problems. Got back to flat Illinois no problem until after several rides noticed temp gauge only went up about half way to normal temp but when the gauge did go to normal temp the fans kicked on. Decided to change coolant, hoses,thermostat, and sensor. I've had no indication of head gasket problems bike was running fine except for temp gauge. Oil change had nothing showing in it. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info I will replace the cap. I did allow the bike to idle til the fans turned off after the boil; when we had to stop as it turned out it was the annual "Ride The Rockies" bicycle event so we spent a lot of time going slow or just plain stopped of course the scenery was great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts