BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Dr. appointment at the VA Hospital a couple of days ago. It was a loverly day, & I rode my LT over to it (61miles). Upon coming out of the building I noticed this fella (mid-forties, I guess) really scrutinizing my bike, checking everything out (without touching). Then a lady with @12 year old starting walking towards him, and he looks up at her and says, "That's it! I'm selling my Harley and buying a BMW." Then they strolled out of the parking lot. I was soooooooooo proud, I almost popped my buttons. Had lots of compliments on the LT lately. I tell them it was my retirement gift to myself. Fun = spending money on something that you want too, not have too. :dance:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I ride mine to the VA in Leavenworth and like you it's a GOOD feeling to watch the gaukers in the parking lot. I can watch them from the hospital windows when I go for my appointments every 3 months.

We're riding the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vern :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Razmataz said:
Had a Dr. appointment at the VA Hospital a couple of days ago. It was a loverly day, & I rode my LT over to it (61miles). Upon coming out of the building I noticed this fella (mid-forties, I guess) really scrutinizing my bike, checking everything out (without touching). Then a lady with @12 year old starting walking towards him, and he looks up at her and says, "That's it! I'm selling my Harley and buying a BMW." Then they strolled out of the parking lot. I was soooooooooo proud, I almost popped my buttons. Had lots of compliments on the LT lately. I tell them it was my retirement gift to myself. Fun = spending money on something that you want too, not have too. :dance:
HEY MAN! I saw your bike in the lot if it was at Hines. I too walked around it, and at first, reading this thread, thought you were talkin' about me! Only I don't have a Harley to sell. Dude! 118k on the clock. I was impressed. I posted the sighting and I believe it was moved to the Midwest forum.
Let's ride sometime.

Jer

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jers99lt said:
HEY MAN! I saw your bike in the lot if it was at Hines. I too walked around it, and at first, reading this thread, thought you were talkin' about me! Only I don't have a Harley to sell. Dude! 118k on the clock. I was impressed. I posted the sighting and I believe it was moved to the Midwest forum.
Let's ride sometime.

Jer
Um, should've mentioned it was the VA in Danville, Illinois. But I'm up for a good ride anytime. Bought the LT in South Elgin. First ride (to home) was a little over 200 miles. What a blast! Thought at 1st the new helmet that I bought was too small, because my face was a little sore the next day. Then I realized it was just from grinnin'. Oh, and its not that far from South Elgin to my house (@150). Just couldn't go 'straight' home. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
A few weeks ago a Harley pulled up next to me and kept saying "what a beautiful bike" and started to trash his electra-glide, saying it was under powered and difficult to handle. I told him that's because Harley is using the same technology it used in 1970 and he didn't disagree.

The other bunch (Japanese cruiser riders) ask me if the LT is better than a harley, and I tell them their Japanese bikes are better than Harley's. In a matter of fact, in terms of reliability Harley probably falls to the bottom of the list.

The Goldwing riders have much appreciation for the LT, just as we have much appreciation for the Goldwing. People who buy bikes like the Goldwing and LT know what a good bike is. People who buy Harley's have yet to learn what a good bike is or think it's cool that they can buy the same bike they rode in there 20's when they're in there 50's.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Funny, I get mixed comments from both HD and GW riders. They vary from bashing to compliments. But what I hear the most from GW riders is "But it's only a 1200." But then HD riders will say "THAT'S a 1200?" (in amazement) after I've ridden with them. :bmw:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
A few months ago a fellow I know had bought a new HD Cruiser........ran into him at a bar down south about 20 miles............I get the ol' "Catch you on the way home" line...............I mentioned he probably couldn't catch the clap..............this month I bumped into him again...............he comes up close and says......."Jim, is that bike of yours as fast as SO&SO says it is, he passes me like I'm tied to a rock............?" I said " he must be good at math figuring out how fast my tail lights make it between deli near stakes...................." end of conversation................... :histerica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts