BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does or can anyone post or send me either a schematic or photo of the controls on the 2001 LT handlebars? I have figured most out, but any prior labeling has worn off and it came with no owners manual.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Here is my 2001 handlebars.

Left
Cruise control on top with the hazard flasher button. Below that is the high beam switch, then the windshield position followed by the stereo controls. Ignore the small switch as that activates my front hyperlites and is not OEM. Red one is the horn and under that is the left turn signal.

Right
BC button flips between the modes on the trip computer if equipped. Starter/Kill switch and heated hand grips. Turn signal cancel and then right turn signal below,

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In looking at the right side of mine it has two toggle switches to the left of the grip. Appear to be some lighting symbol?

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,594 Posts
In looking at the right side of mine it has two toggle switches to the left of the grip. Appear to be some lighting symbol?
Do they look like what is in my attachment? If so, it is called a "Phoenix" switch. It can be used to control two accessories you have connected. This switch assembly was stock on R1200CL bikes at one time.
On my LT, I used one switch for my radar detector, and do not remember what I used the other for. On my RT, one switch is for my auxiliary fork mounted lights, and the other controls an auxiliary fan.
If you do a search for Phoenix Switch you will get some additional information.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and the photo is exactly what they look like. Will see what they turn on and off. There are some lights mounted under the front of the bike near the forks.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Yep, I don't have those extra switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts