BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm thinking about purchasing a K1200GT after selling my LT.
I've been looking through this blog and I've noticed a lot of riders complaining about mechanical problems with the K1200GT.

I know that the LT has problems with the rear drive unit and occasionally with the clutch, but does the GT have a lot more problems? Am I buying a two-wheeled lemon here?

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I never enjoyed the LT I had so I pounced on the '06 GT when it was introduced knowing I was taking a risk with a new model. I had a leaky final drive, broken ignition wire, airbox fix, and maybe a couple of other niggles. Those things were pretty much in the first year I owned the bike. In May I took a 4K mile trip and the bike was again flawless. I now have 41K on the clock and knowing what I know now, would buy this bike again without hesitation.

I bought a HDTV a couple of weeks ago. Right out of the box, it didn't work. Whether it's a bike or a TV, you pays your money and you take your chances.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I do not believe the LT even comes close to the GT in reliability. I love both bikes, but believe that the LT has many more inherant problems that the current GT. I would not hesitate to buy another K1200GT, but would sure be checking the service record and thinking long before laying down the cash for another LT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts