BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured the best place to put this would be in the SE discussion area. What route would you take from Florida to the CCR in Duluth MN? Looks like there are several different ways to go. Scenic would definitely take the longest and then there is the super slab for the quickest.

I'd like to go this year and it looks like the planets will be aliened. If you are familiar with the roads, which way would you go? I might possibly be leaving from southern WV, as I often go up there too.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Dan,
I have already looked at getting to Duluth from NC. Since I've never been to MI's Upper Peninsula, I'm planning to go that way on the way to CCR. I'm hoping to have one heck of a guide on that route. Dave (Saddleman) is from MI and is trying to see if he can make this CCR his first. I have no idea what's there to see besides "Big Mac", but I know Dave will. Other than that, not much route planning done yet.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Lee510 said:
Dan,
I have already looked at getting to Duluth from NC. Since I've never been to MI's Upper Peninsula, I'm planning to go that way on the way to CCR. I'm hoping to have one heck of a guide on that route. Dave (Saddleman) is from MI and is trying to see if he can make this CCR his first. I have no idea what's there to see besides "Big Mac", but I know Dave will. Other than that, not much route planning done yet.
Lee my plan is to do the MI's Upper Peninsula also. As we get closer to CCR we might be able to meet up & ride the last day or 2 in together. I'm taking my time this year & will do 4 or 5 days to get there.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the routes input.

Might make an interesting strung out group ride. I was thinking of a run to north WV with stops to see family and friends on the way and then straight to MN. I starting to plan and plant some seeds..

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
katnapinn said:
Lee my plan is to do the MI's Upper Peninsula also. As we get closer to CCR we might be able to meet up & ride the last day or 2 in together. I'm taking my time this year & will do 4 or 5 days to get there.
Sounds good, Steve. We'll have to see what we can work out! Looking forward to the trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts