BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a RT and would like recommendations on luggage boxes and whether anyone
uses a trunk rack or bag on top of the trunk? I've gotten fond of using a trunk rack and
bag on my Goldwing I use for my light weather gear, liners, gloves etc and would really
like to find a similar setup for an RT. Is it possible? Thanks in advance for your
experience and recommendations.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If you go here:http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=507984#post507984

Risky put one on.

JonfromCB said:
Considering a RT and would like recommendations on luggage boxes and whether anyone
uses a trunk rack or bag on top of the trunk? I've gotten fond of using a trunk rack and
bag on my Goldwing I use for my light weather gear, liners, gloves etc and would really
like to find a similar setup for an RT. Is it possible? Thanks in advance for your
experience and recommendations.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
The side cases plus the top box carries all the clothing and gear my wife and I needed for a multi state tour of well over 2000 miles.

If you want a rack on the top box, it is fairly easy to do.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I have seen racks on the trunks of beemers. If you get that big tail box, I am not sure you will need more. It is huge. I prefer the smaller box, but just because I think it looks better and that is just an opinion. The small rear trunk is 28 liters and the large one is 49 liters. That big one holds more than a side bag. My only other thought is with all that volume and then to put something on top of it would make the bike dance a little more (or a lot more) in side winds. Welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your bike, they are great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts