BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Triple Black R1250rt. Previously 2009rt, 2011K1600, 2017RT, 2019RT
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always subscribed to the Speed Camera option in Garmin. Is something similar available for the App?

·
Registered
447 Posts
The Europeans (mainly France) don't like it switched on, presumably it reduces income from fines. On the App there is no On/Off switch like there is on the Garmin's. So the App does not support it.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT LE
49 Posts
According to Tom Tom they provide speed camera info to Motorrad users......
Tom Tom

Steve P
I had an online chat with TomTom today and they said:-

As i understand you would like to know if the speed camera data can be added to TomTMonika J.om Maps which are shown on the BMW Motorrad Connected App, right?

yes, that is correct

Monika J.
I sincerely apologize for all the hassle you been gone through. Please do not worry, I will try my best to help you resolve this.

TY

Monika J.
I have checked with our team and was informed that the BMW Motorrad Connected App is a completely different application hence the speed camera data available on TomTom map cannot be added on the BMW app.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally found something that works...CanSam Speed Camera alerts. (Android)
Downloaded to my bike phone and whilst I don't see it on the map I get voice alert in my connected via bike Packtalk Bold.
Music dims...there is a tone for when in intercom mode. Tested it today and every camera was identified as it should. 500, 300 and 100 m alerts. So far so good.

·
Registered
2021 R1250RT LE
49 Posts
Hi Trilergy, Looks like a good find. I presume you made a typo and the App is called CamSam. Did you try the free or paid (CamSam plus) version? Cheers.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Trilergy, Looks like a good find. I presume you made a typo and the App is called CamSam. Did you try the free or paid (CamSam plus) version? Cheers.
Yeah typo. Just the free version. So far it's good. Not sure what would be added for plus because I only use it in the background. I just want the announcements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts