BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you've all been wondering how Coni Fitch is doing, and last night John & Marilyn Fisher and I had the opportunity to get together with Coni and Graham. Marilyn presented Coni with a special symbol of caring and support that many of you secretly already knew about -- a "MOBILE MOJO" QUILT with personal messages of love and encouragement from many of us here in the BMWLT group, as well as some of Coni's LD riding buddies. It's not only a picture "worth" 1000 words; it's a picture WITH a 1000 words!

Although I'm making this post, I must point out that I was really just one of those who signed the quilt. It was John and Marilyn who spearheaded and really carried this project along - John sending hundreds of PM's to people about it (so as to keep it a secret) and Marilyn doing such a wonderful job designing and actually constructing the quilt. It is a work of art, and was obviously a labor of love on her part. John and Marilyn mailed fabric to people all over the country to sign and return, and then Marilyn pieced them all together.

As you can see from the attached photos, the quilt has hundreds of small pieces of fabric with names, messages and comments for Coni. (You can't really read the messages in these photos, but that's OK - I just wanted you to get the idea.) It also has a nice, cozy flannel back (with many "hidden" messages stitched in by Marilyn). It is VERY COOL, and Coni was thrilled and very touched by it!

More important than any of that, Coni looks and sounds GREAT! As you can see in the big photo, she still has that "Coni smile" and, although she still has a tough battle ahead, she and Graham have the best medical plan--and absolutely the best attitudes--imaginable!

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Coni on the road on two wheels, serving as an inspiration to us all (as she is once again doing with her grace and class in facing this illness), for many MANY years to come!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Awesome !

Kudos to John and Marilyn for taking this project to completion..

Myself and Lindy, just being signers, are truly humbled by the outpouring of effort and love that everyone has for Coni.

John came all the way to Oklahoma with a square for us to sign... That's dedication...

We hope to see you at CCR 07 Coni !

John and Lindy

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
AWESOME!!! Thanks, Bruce. Boy, I tried to picture in my mind what that quilt wuz gonna look like - didn't even come close. ;) When Marilyn said she wuz gonna have a 'quilt 'til ya wilt' party, now I see why.

And I hope Coni feels as great as she looks. Some pretty caring folks are gonna take care of her and I imagine, to know that, is a nice load to lift off Graham's mind. And he, doing so well too. Wonderful news from the upper left corner of Coni's playground!!!

Thanks to Marilyn and John, and to all the folks who participated in this true labor of love project. High fives, Coni - plush chair at *$$ has your name on it for your next passage thru! ;) :)

Bruce_Yates said:
I know you've all been wondering how Coni Fitch is doing, and last night John & Marilyn Fisher and I had the opportunity to get together with Coni and Graham. Marilyn presented Coni with a special symbol of caring and support that many of you secretly already knew about -- a "MOBILE MOJO" QUILT with personal messages of love and encouragement from many of us here in the BMWLT group, as well as some of Coni's LD riding buddies. It's not only a picture "worth" 1000 words; it's a picture WITH a 1000 words!

Although I'm making this post, I must point out that I was really just one of those who signed the quilt. It was John and Marilyn who spearheaded and really carried this project along - John sending hundreds of PM's to people about it (so as to keep it a secret) and Marilyn doing such a wonderful job designing and actually constructing the quilt. It is a work of art, and was obviously a labor of love on her part. John and Marilyn mailed fabric to people all over the country to sign and return, and then Marilyn pieced them all together.

As you can see from the attached photos, the quilt has hundreds of small pieces of fabric with names, messages and comments for Coni. (You can't really read the messages in these photos, but that's OK - I just wanted you to get the idea.) It also has a nice, cozy flannel back (with many "hidden" messages stitched in by Marilyn). It is VERY COOL, and Coni was thrilled and very touched by it!

More important than any of that, Coni looks and sounds GREAT! As you can see in the big photo, she still has that "Coni smile" and, although she still has a tough battle ahead, she and Graham have the best medical plan--and absolutely the best attitudes--imaginable!

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Coni on the road on two wheels, serving as an inspiration to us all (as she is once again doing with her grace and class in facing this illness), for many MANY years to come!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I have to tell you folks, pictures don't lie. Coni really looks even better in person than she does in the pic! It was so great to see her and Graham in such spirits. And we were happy to see that our friend Bruce had his camera along to capture the moment.

As far as the Quilt goes, it would be just that, a Quilt like many others, if not for all the signatures that are lovingly plastered all over it! It is those feelings that we know will help Coni win this race.

There were several of you members out there who went out of your way to try and collect those signatures, and Marilyn attempted to give credit to you in the Quilt Label which she placed on the back side of the Quilt. Please see the attached pic for the message which she believes explains what this Quilt is all about!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Man, that is SOOOO cool. Thanks for posting and keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Wow! She looks great!

Thanks for th update Bruce - is was wondering.

Outstanding job on the quilt Marilyn - thank you so much ....

·
Registered
505 Posts
The quilt turned out fantastic, Marilyn! Best of all, we are very happy to hear that Coni is doing well at this point of this difficult journey. She will be in our thoughts and payers and we wish her the very best. As the quilt shows, our wishes are but a couple of twigs in a forest of folks that feel this way.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Y'all are awesome

That's gotta be the coolest thing I have ever seen on this forum :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Bruce, reading this brought tears to my eyes! God bless all involved and Coni really has another tool in her arsonal to help heal her. Thanks John and Marilynn!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Wow, what a wonderful gift that you guys have bestowed upon me. I was impressed more than words can say. The thought of having that quilt literally come from all over the United States then end up in such an incredible work of art is truly amazing.

Know that the moment that I awaken from my surgery I will have every one of your names and thoughts with me. For me to know that my buddies are there making me all well; just lifts my spirits higher.

I really want to thank Marilyn Fisher for all of her hard work on this beautiful quilt. It is truly something that so few people can do and I know that I do cherish it deeply.

When we arrived home last night, we placed the quilt directly on our bed. We were so amazed not only by the size but the beauty and quality of the workmanship. Needless to say it took several Kleenex tissues to finish reading all of the signatures and the “hidden messages” in the stitching.

As Marilyn wrote on the blanket: this is my “Mobile Mojo”. Know that now, while I am getting ready for the surgery, it is helping to kill every single cancer cell as I enjoy the quilts love and comfort. Believe me, it has already been put to work.

This quilt really means the world to me and I truly LOVE every one of you for your effort in making this an actual working, and giving gift.

Thank you all so very much,

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Thanks to John and Marilyn for doing this. It looks GREAT, and so does Coni!

I felt very honored to be allowed to help get a few signatures.

Hope your visit back to the other Washington is just another big step up the ladder to wellness Coni!

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Thanks Bruce for the update and great pics. What a wonderful expression of love and faith the gift from Marilyn and John brought Coni. It truly is a vehicle that transports our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes and healing Coni.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Great Job John and Marilyn!!! The finished product looks great. As does the patient! Glad you are doing so well Coni. Looking foward to another ride with you this summer.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Bruce, thanks for the update and those picture are priceless!

My "helmet off" to John and Marilyn, It has been said that the bike got us together, but is folks like John and Marilyn that keeps us together. Thank you again!

I was honored to have signed the quilt, but thanks to all the messengers, we may be Curve Cowboys, but a time in Novermber and December "Pony Express" would have been a better name. I know that my patch traveled about 1400 miles in two days.

Coni, you look great...my continued prayers and thoughts with you and your family.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Awesome!

Looking great Coni! You're an inspiration! :) :) :)

And thanks again Marilyn & John for organizing this wonderful act of tender loving care. You guys ROCK! :) :)

And thanks for all who cooperated to make the whole thing work. :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Great!

Good to see you looking so well, Coni!

Amazing to see the quilt completed. We wondered how it could be done in a timely fashion...then remembered that there was a whole bunch of caring folks just as dedicated as Marilyn to get the project completed. It truly does reflect the spirit of the group.

Carry on the battle, Coni, we know you will prevail.

Connie and Pete Jessen

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Wow! what a fantastic thing to do. I knew Coni was getting lots of positive support from the folks on forum, but this is possibly the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Well done to all of those involved in getting this off the ground and through to completion. I'm sure it will be a treasured item for a long long time to come. More good vibes coming to ya from the other side of the pond.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
It turned out great! Thanks to John and Marilyn for all of their hard work putting it together. And Coni - I hope it gives you all the Mojo you need to beat this thing!!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
myk_edwards said:
Wow! what a fantastic thing to do. I knew Coni was getting lots of positive support from the folks on forum, but this is possibly the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Well done to all of those involved in getting this off the ground and through to completion. I'm sure it will be a treasured item for a long long time to come. More good vibes coming to ya from the other side of the pond.
I'm sure most of the Brit's have already made a 'Virtual Duvet' for you Connie - TBFTGOGGI. - You'll get there Connie ;) , and look forward to seeing you'all in 2009.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts