BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I share the great loss that we feel on Coni’s passing. Although I only met her twice, for a total time of about 10 minutes, I feel like I’ve lost a wonderful friend.

I had a unique email relationship with Coni. Several years ago I posted a note on this list stating that I didn’t care for the name “Curve Cowboy”. I gave my reasons and asked if anyone else shared this dislike. I never suggested that the name be changed – even several years ago, the name was already imbedded in the history of K1200LT.net.

My post started a long and interesting thread. To summarize, a few distinguished list members agreed with my dislike of the name … but the vast majority either liked it, or were indifferent.

For some unknown reason, my initial post seemed to tickle Coni’s funny bone. As a result, she began to call me “Cowboy Bob”. I believe she was the first to do so. I feigned dislike for this moniker, and soon a number of my so-called friends started to use it as well.

Coni was in charge of awards at CCR Breckenridge in 2004, so she saw fit to give me a fine-looking cast statue of a cowboy on a bucking bronco. Coni wasn’t present to give out the awards so I had to explain it, for those who had not been aware of the “Cowboy Bob” running joke on the list. I’m still not sure if it was appropriate as a CCR award – but that was Coni’s choice.

As my own small token of remembrance for Coni, I’ve changed my .sig file on this list.

- Bob

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
bob_menton said:
As my own small token of remembrance for Coni, I’ve changed my .sig file on this list.
Thanks Cowboy Bob for sharing that story. Ride, Coni ride.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I liked the picture Bob got Coni to pose for in regard to "Cowboy Bob" story.

Thanks Cowboy Bob for sharing that wonderful story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts