BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with Graham and Coni is still with us, but probably within hours of taking her last LD ride, the one from Seattle to St Peter. He reports that she is totally comatose and takes a breath about every 12 seconds. She is going in peace and grace as she lived her life.
Many of you have asked about an address to mail cards/letters and flowers to Coni and her family.
That address is:

9424 NE 18th St.
Bellevue, WA 98004

Godspeed Coni...we will truly miss riding with you and enjoying your contagious smile, but your spirit lives on within all of us.
Jeff

What will our fellow riders say about each of us when it is our turn to prepare for our final ride to St Peter?

'live every moment of every day and realize that road time is finite. Relish every ride and every day AND every person that we meet as a gift."

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Even though I have been preparing myself for what very unfortunately seemed like inevitable news, it is still tear inducing. I have met many people due to the LT groups over the past 7 years, and am proud to be able to call most friends.

Dare I say that Coni has been the absolute undisputed Queen of the group, and probably one of the most unforgettable people have ever had the joy of knowing and calling friend. Riding with her was a joy to be savored.

The LT group is losing one of it's most engaging, driven, and accomplished friends, EVER!

I first met her at CCR Santa Fe. We had emailed a few times since we both had black LTs, the fist year they were introduced as a special edition. I parked on arival in Santa Fe, and she saw my BAT BYKE license plate, ran up and hugged me like a long lost brother! Soon I realised that was the way she treated everybody! We were all her long lost brothers and sisters.

Life is definitely UNFAIR!:(

She had left a message on my cell phone about 3 weeks ago, but she sounded pretty bad. I returned the call a couple of times, but they were transferred to an answering service, so I knew this was not good. Now I am so upset that I did not have my phone on at that time and missed her last call to me. That will hurt forever. We seldom get to have friends like Coni!

I will post my favorite picture I took of her in San Diego, but I am out of town until Oct. 1, so will not get to do so until then. I will not be able to look at that picture ever again without getting a case of wet eyes.

I would like to suggest that we start a salute thread to one of our most popular members, and everyone post their thoughts and favorite pictures of her. It will help those who were not fortunate enough to meet her understand the impact she has had on members of this community.

I know there are many here who like me will NEVER forget her almost constant smile and her "just do it" outlook on riding, and life.

Gonna go cry a little now.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Salute to Coni

dshealey said:
I first met her at CCR Santa Fe. I will post my favorite picture I took of her in San Diego, but I am out of town until Oct. 1, I would like to suggest that we start a salute thread to one of our most popular members, and everyone post their thoughts and favorite pictures of her. It will help those who were not fortunate enough to meet her understand the impact she has had on members of this community. I know there are many here who like me will NEVER forget her almost constant smile and her "just do it" outlook on riding, and life.
Good idea, a salute thread. She made a lasting impression in Santa Fe. here's one of my pix...
http://picasaweb.google.nl/Flipachick/CCRSantaFe/photo#5028114122340322194

I can't upload pix, so here's the address

Sad in Amsterdam

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
A couple pictures of Coni

dshealey said:
Even though I have been preparing myself for what very unfortunately seemed like inevitable news, it is still tear inducing. I have met many people due to the LT groups over the past 7 years, and am proud to be able to call most friends.

Dare I say that Coni has been the absolute undisputed Queen of the group, .... Gonna go cry a little now.
I'm with you David. I've haven't spent that much riding time with Coni but when we met up some place it was dynamite. Here are a couple of big shots of our meet-up in Hyder, May '05. We're being "Hyderized" in the group shot--those of you who've been understand the 'shot' pun.

Coni has been so special to so many.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Impressions

Reading the many posts in this forum and other forums, I must agree with all the descriptions of Coni. I notice that most refer to their first meeting.

The first time I met Coni was in Gatlinburg at CCR that “first impression” became an “unforgettable impression” for my wife and me. Coni introduced herself to us and welcomed us to CCR. A nice short visit that I will never forget.

Within the next three years I had the honor to serve with Coni on the BOD of CCR. In the general forum, when things got a little “out of hand” Coni, “Miss Manners”, could “cool a few down” and set the tone and you could sense the charm with her post.

My favorite thread was the one started by Bob in regard to the name “Curve Cowboy Reunion” and his dislike for the name. Coni coined the phrase “Cowboy Bob”. During CCR last year Bob, Coni and I had funny discussion about that phrase.

There is a picture, that I hope someone will post that is better quality than the one I will attach, perhaps taken by Andy or Dave of Coni coming down the staircase at Chateau Élan last year, fitting that the photo was made in the “deep South” Atlanta no less and Coni, from the State of Washington, had all the beauty and charm of a “Southern Belle”.

My thoughts and prayer are with Coni and Graham and their families.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I met Coni in Breckenridge. Anyone who met her knew what a remarkable person she was...instantly. We're losing one of the great one folks. But...just for a little while. We'll ride again Coni! :)

Attached is a pic I took of her LT in Breckenridge, (after asking her permission of course). That LT was ALL woman, just like it's rider. Many of us got a good laugh at that LT under cover. I think Coni did it on purpose just for the laughs.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts