BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put down the payment on a "new" 2002 K1200LT at Bob's BMW. It only has 8K miles, but it has:
GPS, heated seats and grips, CB, intercom (I'm not sure which one), AM/FM/Cassette, 6 CD changer, and my wife really likes it.
She's looking forward to going on trips with me. Short ones at first, working up to the longer ones.
I pick up the bike on Tuesday.
I am SOOO jazzed, I can hardly wait.

Robin

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
A Very Hearty Congratulations! You are going to have LOTS of fun riding that machine man... :D

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the group! I hope you and your wife have a great time on the bike. Be sure to check out the Curve Cowboy Reunion website; it has a lot of information on the annual LT gathering.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Robin said:
I just put down the payment on a "new" 2002 K1200LT at Bob's BMW. It only has 8K miles, but it has:
GPS, heated seats and grips, CB, intercom (I'm not sure which one), AM/FM/Cassette, 6 CD changer, and my wife really likes it.
She's looking forward to going on trips with me. Short ones at first, working up to the longer ones.
I pick up the bike on Tuesday.
I am SOOO jazzed, I can hardly wait.

Robin
Congrats and welcome to a great riding experience!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Congrats Robin! It is going to be a loooong weekend... ;-)

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Congrats on the new to you bike. My wife will rarely let me ride without taking her along. I love the ride!

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
Congratulations!

Welcome to the LT experience! You'll love the bike. If you've not ridden the LT before there is a wealth of information here. If you don't find the answer here there are many experts as well as "experts" to assist (watch out for that last bunch).

BTW, sleeping with the LT when you first bring it home is not recommended. It takes up a bit of room in the bed and your wife might get upset.

Tom

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Robin
Congrats to ya'...................................
Your gonna love it...

·
Registered
807 Posts
new toy

On 2 wheels since '71 and I must say the K12 is the best yet. You'll love it. My wife has been hanging on to the back of my bikes all these years and she says the heated seat is superb. You made a good choice. We have nearly 15,000 on ours and our biggest problem is cleaning the dead bugs off the thing.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Congratulations !!

Boy are you in for a treat for a long, long time.. I have had my '03 since April and have put 12K on it since then ... It is the best bike I have ever owned and I will never go back !!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
You're going to have a blast! I bought my used '02 this past spring with the same options and I've been having a blast. 12,000 miles so far and getting ready for a 4000 mile trip next week.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Congrat's Robin on a wise choice...But remember.....I't's a big honkin bike and it'll take a little riding to get used to it...Check out the HOW for the what to do and especially the what not to do...Never grab the front brake with the wheel turned. It'll haul down on you fast. There's a correct procedure for picking the bike up after you lay it down, otherwise you'll blow a gut..On day two of owning mine I was sure I made a mistake..
Now I throw it around like a sport bike...

Good Luck and Have Fun.. As we like to say here....

Ride it like you stole it...

Spence

·
Registered
448 Posts
You'll love the LT

Robin-- you'll love the LT-- whether you're riding two up or solo. Check out the Curve Cowboy Reunions ... and the regional events in your area. It's a good way-- in addition to participating in this website-- to share ideas and meet great folks. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You didn't mention the color. I hope the bike is black because as we all know black is the fastest color. Good luck, have fun, ride safely.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're in trouble now!

You just don't know what you've done. You'll be spending hours on here when you can't be out riding. You will be day dreaming about being on the bike when you're at work. Your golf game will suffer because you'll leave the clubs in the garage whilst taking the LT out for a little run.

Life will never be the same again! Congratulations!

Keith

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Congratulations, Robin. Make sure pockets are deep, it's gonna cost you for farkles and gas. Gas only because you're going to want to be out riding all the time. [wink]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts