BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak on the timing cover of my 2000 and have some questions.
Do I have to remove the Hall-effect transmitter and the various other timing doo dads before that timing chain cover can come off?
I'm a bit freaked about doing that for fear of screwing something up. Is it simple enough where I can just mark the location of all the parts and get them back together the exact same way?
I've looked through the repair manual numerous times and am still confused. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
wallyo said:
I have a leak on the timing cover of my 2000 and have some questions.
Do I have to remove the Hall-effect transmitter and the various other timing doo dads before that timing chain cover can come off?
I'm a bit freaked about doing that for fear of screwing something up. Is it simple enough where I can just mark the location of all the parts and get them back together the exact same way?
I've looked through the repair manual numerous times and am still confused. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.
Wallyo,
I don't remember having and problems with the hall effect or timing when I removed my timing cover. I found the hardest part was removing the radiators and fans.

Hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in on whether you even have to remove the hall sesor or not.

Good Luck

Roy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts