BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Yes and they work well. However, if you can find one with the access the entire length of the bag, it will make packing and getting what you want out a lot easier. Experience is a good teacher. Also, the more loops along the side of the bad the better for attaching more stuff (like a coat liner that is no longer needed) and having points to tie it on your bike.

BMW has a silver and black one that I have lusted after but cannot bring myself to purchase.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have never cared for top boxes, preferring a combination of different bags selected for a particular trip. This system provides much more versatility, luggage volume, and certainly weighs much less. After going through an assortment of military, marine, and MC bags, duffles and stuff sacks over the years I tried the H2W bags noted in a previous post (helen2wheels.com).

The bags are top quality, waterproof, durable, and have strap loops all over which are suitable for any kind of tie-down situation. I also use her "Super Packing System" tie-down straps for everything - very simple and secure, just D-rings and nylon strap. If you try her straps make sure to get a pack of strap extensions just in case. The D-ring end of her standard strap is short and can be used for most but not all tie-down anchor points.

I started with one of her small clothes sacks that are easy to get in and out of and to find things. I now have an assortment of her clothes sacks and stuff sacks and am completely satisfied with both. As noted in a previous post, I use the stuff sacks to pack things I/we won't need until we get to where we are going.

Steve

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, they work quite well ... remember how bulky a sleeping bag is ... one caveat is to make sure that the zippers (if so equipped) will handle the compression. Thst is likely why compression bags some do not have the full length zippers.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Compression sacks are good but I don't use it any more.
I realized that for me and wife with all our things, when we compressed it two major issues arrived:
1) It was hard to find/get one t-shirt for the night. It always made a mess on the bag
2) The weight on the bags goes way up the LT limit. Not that I not going over the 'user's manual' limit, but compressed we almost double the already extra weight we usually carry.

What I do is I roll pretty hard every clothe and then rubber band it. I carry extra rubber bands on the bag too. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts