BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll probably get flamed for asking one more time for info on communication hardware. However, I've read earlier posts until my eyes started bleeding and still have questions. One of my requirements is to have a C/B as most of my riding buddies use them.Seems like the choices are, J&M CB/intercom with additional input interface for around $800, Baehr with optional input cables and handle bar CB for around $1800 or BMW Voice with optional CB for around $1400. Then of course there's the INTRA Ride as recommend by our meek and mild mannered Joe at about $750 including a J&M CB. Because I already have several sets of J&M head sets I save some money and gain some flexibility if I go with the J&M System from Sierra. Those headsets would, I believe, also work with the BMW system. So my questions are:

1.Has anyone had any significant issues or problems with the handle bar mount J&M integrated intercom/CB radio system?

2. Having seen a demo of the BAEHR system at Daytona last year I'm concerned about the lack of audio feed back to the helmet speakers when speaking into the microphone. Seemed like that might be hard to get used to. Any comments on that?

3. Having lived through the BMW BC1 fiasco I have to ask, did they finally get it right? Is the VOICE system, as sold for the '05 LT, a quality contender in this field of electronics?

4. Are the advantages to any of the above 3 systems worth the extra $ as compared to the less expensive INTRA Ride?

I'd appreciate any feedback on any of the above systems.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an addendum I should add that I desire, along with the intercom and existing bike audio systems, to integrate my SPIII GPS, XM Radio, cell phone, and perhaps in the future a Vallentine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
As an addendum I should add that I desire, along with the intercom and existing bike audio systems, to integrate my SPIII GPS, XM Radio, cell phone, and perhaps in the future a Vallentine.
J&M makes a lower cable to use their headsets with Baehr intercoms. I am currently on the fence between the Baehr and VoiceII. I am leaning towards the voiceII as I already own a helmet with built in J&M and I can probably get the voiceII for $600-650.

I don't know anything about the CB part of it.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have the J&M system with my GPS & cell phone hooked up to it. 2 of my riding buddies have the same system, one on a Honda & the other on a Harley. All 3 of us are very satisfied with the unit. Great product & Sierra are great people to deal with.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Lynn,

Don't know where you got the $1800 Baehr quote ???

Go to Raffy's site and you will see you can get system at @ $1200 and @ $250 for all cables to do CB, Cell, GPS, & 1 more ? 4 total inputs possable.

As far as hearing your own voice in your helmet .... You get very accustomed to NOT hearing it making you speak normally.
You Do Not have to yell or "pop" mic to open up intercom, just speak in a normal voice as if you were face to face talking to someone in person.

A Really KILLER system !! My wife & I love ours !!

A pricey system it is ... But ... so is the bike it go's in. Well worth it IMHO.
SEE:
www.motogear4u.com

BTW. The "System" comes with the base unit that is a plug & play set up.
Intregrates your bike audio system into helmet speakers with Full intercom too.
2 Sets of Stereo speakers and mics for 2 complete helmets.
And then has 4 Aux in/out ports for your farkle cables of choice. All this for the $1199.00 ... the Aux patch cables are the ONLY extras you need purchase.

And ... Raffy will quote you a package price on request.

Scott

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motorhead said:
Lynn,

"Don't know where you got the $1800 Baehr quote ???"

Scott

Your correct about the base price. I did get a rough quote from Raffy for something around $1300 including all the cables that I will need. The extra $ in my original rough estimate included around $450 for the additional J&M CB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts