BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The LT has a Scorpion 255 CCA AGM Battery in it when I try to start it and the temp is 30 degrees out it turns over really slow in fact today the first time I hit the button it spun really slow couple of times and would not start
I did not have a battery tester so I just took it down to the Battery Plus Store thinking I would just be buying a nother battery But the guy checked it out for me and he said its got battery voltage and COLD Cranking Power than his Odyessey did on his shelf
Put the battery back in it when I got back home it did start back up turned over a little slow but it did warm up out side to 44 Degrees by this time
This is not the first time its done this when its cold but when I park in a building at 50 Degrees the bike will start up real easy thats where I have it now in the building and tomorrow it will start up
One other thing I have 25w50 oil that would not have anything would it

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
20W50 is about like peanut butter at low temps and is slowing the cranking speed. My LT would crank slow with 15W50 up at IronHorse when it was 30 degrees out but it always started.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
20W50 is about like peanut butter at low temps and is slowing the cranking speed. My LT would crank slow with 15W50 up at IronHorse when it was 30 degrees out but it always started.
Thanks John thats what I thought it might be the oil and you were right you corrected me the wieght oil I said in my first thread I said 25w50 but I do use Mobile-1 V-Twin 20w-50
Normal years around here in Michigan I usually would not be running at this Temp we would have snow on the roads
Do you think I did any harm to the engine with this wieght oil in it I might just quit running it for the season

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
No you won't hurt anything. The book shows 20W50 good down to about 15 F (-10 C). I just use regular old Mobil 1 15W50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts