BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sigh yes I have a rear main leak and yes the clutch is slipping. I have replaced the clutch on my 2004 K1200RS...by removing the engine. Guess on the LT (yes I got my clymer's) transmission removal is what is called for. After researching the forums, I am asking anyone if I can borrow or buy the socket-allen tool. I do have extensive tools as a auto tech, but not that one. I live in Rapid City, S.D. I promise I will take pics if asked! :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sorry to hear about your clutch issues. Do not have the tool but I do have a complete clutch assembly from an 08 LT with 8k miles that I bought as a spare. Let me know if it would be of use to you.

Regards,

Mugz

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I have the tools for removing the swing arm. If you need them let me know via PM.

Roy

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I have the 30 mm socket and Allen if you need it, let me know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can use mine, I made it for a slave cylinder replacement, doesn't look real purdy, but it has only been used once, so it's not worn or anything. Let me know.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just wondering if you made out ok with your clutch issues...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,556 Posts
Too bad this wasn't posted on the 26 th of August as I was passing through Rapid City and had the tools with me. The clutch Mugsy has will fit all years LT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts