BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just ordering some parts for my 02 LT including some Spiegler brake lines. I am going to replace the clutch fluid also. Is there any parts I'm going to need to do service on that or are good to have handy because they might fail? How about replacement lines for the clutch cylinder? Does Spiegler make them also? I have 67K on the bike. Anyone have a link to the procedure for servicing the clutch?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
While the clutch hoses are not under as much pressure as the brake hoses, it is not a bad idea to replace them. Not sure if anyone has sent a set to speigler to match up with but they would know.

A flush at least is in order even if you don't replace them. The "goes out" port is cable tied to the right side tip over bar and has a fill adapter on it with a grub screw. You need a short 10mm bleeder screw to screw into the fill adapter to let the fluid out. Actually it will almost gravity drain if you just remove the grub screw and use a small screw driver to push the check ball back. Just keep the clutch reservoir full of fresh DOT 4 while you let it drain out the fill adapter. Stop when the fluid changes color coming out, replace the grub screw and fill the reservoir.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts