BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's finally happened. Need a new clutch. Local dealer estimate is $2000.00. 15 hours labor plus materials. I'm wondering if anyone close by has done one and and would be willing to give me a hand and moral support. I have all the tools, manuals, and a garage to work in. Plan on replacing all seals, slave, and drilling weep holes. Liquid refreshments and food will be provided.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sound like a tech session to me!!

I have not done one, but would like to see it done and would help out if I can.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
A bike lift sure makes it easier. I did this on the ground by myself. It was quite a chore and I will never do it again without a lift. I've got over 50K on the clutch now..... :D

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just had mine done too because of leaking output seal on trany at 50K. Was done at Sills motor sales in Brookpark, Ohio. Thought it was a job I did not have time to tackle, but on hind site I would have liked to give it a shot.
Cost me $1,700.00 with new slave thrown-in for good measure.
They hung the back end from the ceiling to support while the hind quarters is removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help. Right now I'm leaning towards having the dealer do it. I don't think I want to do it myself and having the chance of it slipping again within 2 years. The dealer I'm using will guarantee the parts and labor.
Thanks,
Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts