BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished replacing the clutch and drilling weep holes in the intermediate housing and slave. i want to thank all of the members that have contributed articles, pics, and video. Without this info I would have found it much more difficult and intimidating to accomplish this job. Because of the tips, the most difficult job - reinstalling the transmission, turned out to be a breeze. It just slide right in. In fact what turned out to be the biggest pain in the a## was the side stand switch. But due to some Knowledgeable people in this forum, I jumped the switch so I could test the clutch. She ran beautifully. Now, I can go back and figure out the side stand switch. Once again - thanks.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,924 Posts
If you removed the switches on the reverse shaft you may have damaged one of them, and they control the signal from the starter button to the starter relay/reverser controller.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was mistaken. The reverse wiring was fine, I just needed to wiggle the switch and she started. The last problem was she would stale when shifted into gear. I checked the sidestand switch and it my be bad. But I was more concerned about checking the new clutch, I jumped the white and brown wire and I was able to ride the bike. She just grabs so sweet on the new clutch. This week I will remove the sidestand wire and see if I can fix it. If not, I will get a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts