BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for this and can't find anything. Is there directions like the Weep hole instructions anywhere to remove/replace the clutch? BTW The instructions to disassemble for the weep hole drilling is fantastic, Took me about 1-1/2 hours to dismantal according to the directions, Thank you whoever did the instructions. Now I have the rear end off I need the rest of the instructions for the clutch.

Thanks
Garry

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Most folks that dig as far into the bike as you have, either have the BMW Maintenance CD or a Chilton manual. No one has done specific instructions to disassemble the clutch. The weep hole is not a standard BMW procedure, so that is why the procedure was written.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the CD, just wanted to know the order of the steps.

1. remove the exhaust
2. block to the back of the bike
3. remove the cross member that holds the center stand.
4. prop up the motor.
5. remove the tranny
6. remove the clutch

Is this the right order?

Garry

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached

itspossible said:
Garry,

I can't seem to find the directions for the clutch weep hole, where did you find them?

thx

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
garry_kramer said:
I've got the CD, just wanted to know the order of the steps.

1. remove the exhaust
2. block to the back of the bike
3. remove the cross member that holds the center stand.
4. prop up the motor.
5. remove the tranny
6. remove the clutch

Is this the right order?

Garry
I only have the pix...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
That's pretty much the right order. You need to get a manual. The bike in the pics above has way too much stuff removed if you are just going after the clutch............. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
Garry

According to the manual you have lots more to do:

Tupperware removed
tank removed
airbox removed

the little hole above the riders footpeg is where you gain access to the nut and bolt that support the rear of the engine. Prop up back of engine, remove nut and bolt. lower jack, unplug starter and alternator wires. Unbolt gearbox and remove. Jack engiine back up and put bolt back in.

Anything else let me know and I can chek the manual when I get home.

Regards

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Actually the pictures are correct. I've seen how far they tear the bike down to pull the clutch, 2 times. You could leave some items on, but you've just impinged on working area in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts