BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys. I've got everything done including the 6 bolts holding on the back of the transmisson housing. I've been beating on that sucker with a rubber mallet for 45 minutes and can't get it to separate. Any ideas? The job hasn't relly been that bad so far. Just tons of disasembely.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
There are 7 of them.

You got the one that you have to go through the centerstand support to get to right? If you have them all it will come right off.

Also one right under the alternator.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call! Missed the one through the stand. Couldn't see it through the road crud and oil. Will pull the trans tommorrow. Put in about 9 hours on it today, need a break.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
Yup, get some rest - it will go easier tomorrow.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Don't feel bad about missing that bolt--I did the same thing... :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every thing out and cleaned. Hopefully will receive parts from Chicago BMW tomorrow. Reassembly will go smoothly I hope.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Premium Member
7,545 Posts
ronsupin said:
Good call! Missed the one through the stand. Couldn't see it through the road crud and oil. Will pull the trans tommorrow. Put in about 9 hours on it today, need a break.
Thanks,
Ron
I can imagine that 45 minutes of swinging the mallet would make one failry tired! :)

However, you can rest easy now that you know why it woldn't come loose. These things are always annoying, but something to look back and have a chuckle about years down the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts