BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 05 LT, 40,000 miles. I put EBC HH pads on about 6 months ago, (which squeek like an SOB), maybe there's 2,000 miles on them. Within the last month or so I get a "whiff" of "slipping clutch" or someone driving with the brakes on. At first I though it might have been some truck in front of me with a driver that doesn't know how to shift. I'm 65 and riding since I was 13, drove Mack Triplexs' and Autocars hauling 125 ton cranes when I was much younger, so I know how to shift without slippin' the clutch.
Is it the pads or the clutch?? Should I worry??? :confused:
Great forum BTW.

·
Registered
99 Posts
beatnickfly said:
Have an 05 LT, 40,000 miles. I put EBC HH pads on about 6 months ago, (which squeek like an SOB), maybe there's 2,000 miles on them. Within the last month or so I get a "whiff" of "slipping clutch" or someone driving with the brakes on. At first I though it might have been some truck in front of me with a driver that doesn't know how to shift. I'm 65 and riding since I was 13, drove Mack Triplexs' and Autocars hauling 125 ton cranes when I was much younger, so I know how to shift without slippin' the clutch.
Is it the pads or the clutch?? Should I worry??? :confused:
Great forum BTW.
a mack triplex.... that brings back memorys, the first truck i drove was a b model w' thermodyne and a quadraplex.
hard telling what you are smelling but 2000 miles in 6 months..... i'm gonna guess rust.
john

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Maybe your deodorant is failing. :D

I can't EVER recall a post - and there are millions of them - regarding a stinky LT. Perhaps the pistons in your calipers are starting to seize, and not retracting all the way?

·
Registered
198 Posts
RonKMiller said:

I can't EVER recall a post - and there are millions of them - regarding a stinky LT. Perhaps the pistons in your calipers are starting to seize, and not retracting all the way?
If a hanging caliper is causing a brake to drag.....easy test is to ride a bit, stop w/o much brake application and see if one rotor's hotter than the others.

JD

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
RonKMiller said:

?

You beat me to it Ron, curses, foiled again :histerica

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Stinky LT", LOLOLOL,
I don't know what it is, maybe it is someone in front of driving with the parking brake on.
I get paranoid in these forums reading about slave cylinder replacements at @ $2200.
:histerica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts