BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just replaced the clutch on my 2010 RT with 95,300 miles. Clutch was well worn beyond service life (3.85mm and service limit is 4.4-4.6mm) and been nursing a slipping clutch for several months. I purchased bike with 53K so never felt lever with new clutch and not sure how worn it was when I purchased and not even sure I remember where it engaged when I purchased it as was my first BMW with a dry clutch. Having only put 5 miles on the new clutch, the lever and feel is totally different than I remember, especially after nursing it for several months. It actually has some power and acceleration again! But right now the clutch begins to engage the moment I release the lever from pressing against the grip, which might already be a bit out due to the grip puppies I have installed. it seemed like before I had to let lever out 1/2 inch or so before clutch stated to engage. It just feels so different, not sure if normal or still have an issue with bleeding air, which I have done extensively. At this point I'd even say I have a bit of drag or grabby feel with clutch lever pulled all the way in, although that has improved after my initial test ride. Maybe this feel and engagment is normal for a clutch not so worn as mine was? Anyone has insight into the lever feel and engagegment of their Camhead/Hexhead?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts