BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to change out my clutch fluid this time at the 48k service. Parts man told me to use gear oil? Is this correct? Seems odd. Glad he said something I was going to use brake fluid. So I am double checking with the gang here.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
107 Posts
parishollow said:
I am going to change out my clutch fluid this time at the 48k service. Parts man told me to use gear oil? Is this correct? Seems odd. Glad he said something I was going to use brake fluid. So I am double checking with the gang here.
Thanks for the help.

:eek:

Dot4 brake fluid per the manual.

z

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
For sure it is Dot4 brake fluid! Just like David said. You sure don't want Gear Oil in there! I think I would be looking for a little more knowledgable Dealer right about now!

John

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gear oil for the LT's clutch???? No Way....DOT 4 just like the others have said. Does your parts guy think radio works because there are little men inside?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will

CWF said:
Gear oil for the LT's clutch???? No Way....DOT 4 just like the others have said. Does your parts guy think radio works because there are little men inside?
be giving him a call this morning and ask him how do I get it out now that is in. It's not but he doesn't know that. What planet was he on yesterday?

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts