BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Finally got a chance to test-ride that 2000 LTI this morning, and everything looks/feels good. ABS is clean, FD doesn't have play, and all of the accessories work as they should.

I did notice that when I pull the clutch in and out rapidly in Neutral, there's a bit of a *clunk* as it re-engages. Not being familiar with the hydraulic clutch, is this normal? If not, what does it portend?

For the record, the clutch pulls strong, and has no perceptible slippage when I nailed it in 3rd gear. If this bike doesn't already have the weep-hole mod (I didn't look closely)....it will by the end of the weekend :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
In my expirience all BMW's have a clunky gearbox. Even the ones I get from my dealer when my LT is in maintenance. My Honda PC800 has a smoother gearbox when compared to the K1200LT. (Except for the F800ST, which shifted like silk)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this case, it's actually correlating to just the clutch movement - bike's in neutral. I'm not that worried about it, but was wondering if this is common, given the on/off switch nature of the hydraulic clutch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It might be any obvious "help" but I found topping up the clutch fluid a tad (after a service) helped. Blipping the throttle a la double de-clutch can also help if you get the revs right when going down thro' the gears. I did find the time to change up very frustrating but what the hell....it's a tourer! :beer: :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts