BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for those so that I can make one. Same for tool to hold it in place while installing everything.
best from T'son
Bob

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
With the drawing Axle sent you just use the release rod for the center element.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your time and the useful information.

Best from T'son
Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reactions: Patric

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Socket? 9mm hole to route the rod thru.
I took apart a spring loaded center punch from harbour freight, wrapped some tape around the handle, slipped on the plastic insert from the new clutches spline, and will drill out the inside of the punch for the rod.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As shown in the picture, one of the sockets from my 3/8" SAE set was the exact size needed both to fit both around the rod and into the clutch plate splines. No disassembly or tape required.

BTW, this was not my idea, but -- like almost everything I've ever done to the LT -- came from this forum...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
I used to fiddle with alignment tools but really when you look dead on, it is pretty obvious if you have it right.

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just make sure the clutch is continuously pulled in when doing the final pull up of the engine to the transmission to minimize forces on the alignment system

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
Sorry Niel but that is hard to do when the slave is on the back end of the transmission and that sets the push point to release the clutch. I have always had the transmission just slide right in to place with the eye-ball alignment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts