BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2009 K1200LT that has something loose under the bike. When I hot a small bump in the road something goes Clunk Clunk in the are of the center stand. When I put it on the center stand or side stand I can't fine anything loose. Any ideas?

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
I have an 2009 K1200LT that has something loose under the bike. When I hot a small bump in the road something goes Clunk Clunk in the are of the center stand. When I put it on the center stand or side stand I can't fine anything loose. Any ideas?

Jim
I think the center stand rides against a rubber bumper when up. Is that still in place?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Jim
Also, there is a large bolt that holds on an exhaust mount. If it wasn't put in with some blue loctite, it can come lose and fall out. That can rattle. Something to look for.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
check the rotors, rubber stoppers in the exhaust cover for the side stand and the other points as mentioned,

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a clunking noise on my 2000 LT. The culprit turned out to be a cracked from fender where it attaches to the front folks - seems to be a common problem on early model LT's, the later LT's had a better design.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The winner is Manfred it is the rear brake rotor that's loose is making the noise.
The rubber number stoppers for both side and center stand are in place and the exhaust bolts are tight.
Parts on order.

Thank You to all for your help

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
The winner is Manfred it is the rear brake rotor that's loose is making the noise.
The rubber number stoppers for both side and center stand are in place and the exhaust bolts are tight.
Parts on order.

Thank You to all for your help

Jim
The rotor rattles. It doesn't clunk.
:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts