BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding the LT out on a rural county road, I was behind a slow moving SUV. I was getting a little impatient wanting to get around him and get the speed up. I was probably following a little too close. As soon as I came to a passing zone I pulled out and hit the throttle only to see a small truck in front of the SUV making a left hand turn. I jammed on the brakes easily avoiding the truck but he was pissed giving me the one finger salute.

A good reminder for me to pay better attention and be more patient.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If you see someone slowing down, or driving slow, or putting on the brakes or doing anything odd, you must always ask "why are they doing that?"
I had a conversation with a K biker recently and he complained of a van that had stopped in the road. And how he almost ran into them. He couldn't figure it out when I told him the rule.
First, stay back.
Second, if they stop, you stop too, after checking to see what's behind you. And ask, why did they stop. Proceed only when you know why, and it's safe.
Is there something in the road. Are they about to turn. Did their engine quit. Are they drunk, stoned, or asleep.
dc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts