BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found these 2 metal "clips" lying on the ground around where I'd done my brake pads (f+r) a while back, and never could work out where they might have come from, if they were off the bike or from something else. Haven't been able to find anything like them in the parts fiche, at least not under "brakes".
Anyone got an idea what they might be (hopefully NOT off the bike)?
They are identical, 75mm or 3 1/4" long each. About 1/2mm thick and quite stiff.
Everything seems to work OK with the brakes, so I figure they can't be from there.... ??

·
Registered
73 Posts
cws said:
Found these 2 metal "clips" lying on the ground around where I'd done my brake pads (f+r) a while back, and never could work out where they might have come from, if they were off the bike or from something else. Haven't been able to find anything like them in the parts fiche, at least not under "brakes".
Anyone got an idea what they might be (hopefully NOT off the bike)?
They are identical, 75mm or 3 1/4" long each. About 1/2mm thick and quite stiff.
Everything seems to work OK with the brakes, so I figure they can't be from there.... ??

Oh you've done it now. Those are the elusive "Wiggets" and it looks like you've found both the Left hand Wigget and the very elusive Right hand Wigget. I've never seen both together before. :D

Seriously though, Not a clue.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Tiger955 said:
Oh you've done it now. Those are the elusive "Wiggets" and it looks like you've found both the Left hand Wigget and the very elusive Right hand Wigget. I've never seen both together before. :D

Seriously though, Not a clue.
+1 :) Me neither at least with original BMW brake (pads) + some OEMs too. At this point not that many unfamiliar parts of LT but those I admit never seen :wtf:

·
Registered
494 Posts
How about clips that hold the cover on the back of the headlight housing under the front nose cone?????

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chipper said:
How about clips that hold the cover on the back of the headlight housing under the front nose cone?????
Had a quick look up under the nose, there's 1 big metal clip that goes across the back of the light, so I don't think they are from there. But I'll check the fische for that too...
This has got me stumped....

·
Super Moderator
1,433 Posts
Done all the maintenance for the past 10 years on my 2002 and 2009 LT and I have never seen these parts.

So my vote is they came from some place else or possibly a farkle that some added to the bike!!

I do not believe you will find them on any parts lists . . . :confused:

·
Registered
321 Posts
They look like the wire clips that came on my floor jack. They held the handle part of the jack down for packaging. Did you get a new jack?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No new jack, mines about 25+ years old.
I'm the original owner and have done all the installations, its certainly not from any of those that I can remember.

Oh well, not to worry about it. Thought it worth throwing out there just in case....

cheers guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts