BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had a pair of Clearwater Lights Kristas installed for 2 years now. They are installed under the mirrors; they work just fine, but I don't have the same degree of conspicuity of something mounted lower (the "triangle" effect) so I had a pair of Darlas installed where a lot of guys have Motolights.

The Kristas have 2400 lumens each; the Darlas, 2000 lumens each. If I did not already have the Kristas I would go with their new light - Erica, at 6000 lumens each. Our own Brett on this site has Ericas on his new K1600GTL.

See post #3 for some additional info on how they are used.

lights off (ignition off):

lights at low setting (15%), for daytime conspicuity:

Full power. The photo is taken at an angle higher than a car driver would see them. They are very bright, and at full power can only be used without oncoming traffic:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks great! Can you switch on the uppers separate from the lower lights or all four on the same switch?

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! Can you switch on the uppers separate from the lower lights or all four on the same switch?
I'm adding more text to the above photos; my PC crashed in the middle of the original post.

No, the lower lights are always on with the ignition, like Motolights without a switch. A Clearwater-provided switch turns the upper lights on/off only. So, your choices are: lower lights only or all 4 lights.

All 4 lights are dimmable with the Clearwater-provided dimmer switch, between 15%-85%. The high beam switch sets all 4 to 100%; and, when you press the horn button all 4 lights go to 100%.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Holy Schnickies, Batman!!! :wow: I want to see this live and in person! WoW!!! ... It must look like the :sun: !!!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy Schnickies, Batman!!! :wow: I want to see this live and in person! WoW!!! ... It must look like the :sun: !!!
Looking forward to it, Joe! I'll try to take a photo at night in the near future. I have used the Kristas (the upper lights) many times in the last 2 years; by themselves they are great. Combined with the other lights they should be even better.

Personally? I want to see Brett's lights. A single fixture of 6 LEDs with 6000 lumens. That must be amazing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How did you mount the Darla's on your forks? I have been looking for a good alternative to the Motolights. Can you post some pics of your mounts? Thanks. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Click on the pix, it takes you a site, click on the pix again, and again it will give you excellent fine detail blown up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.