BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. It has been quite a while since I posted anything on here, its good to be back. Just wanted to say that I am determined to ride more than the 700 miles I did last year. Due to small children, a family buisness and being a Paramedic , doesn't leave much time. But, I dug in my heals and did not sell. It was hard paying insurance and taxes to let her sit in the garage. I did take my boy who turned 6 this past October on the Toys for Tots run in December. He and I had a blast, see attached photo. Well last Sunday it was 27 when I pulled out at 6am headed to work. I was suited up, but I still gave second thought to my choice of transportation. Now that was a great ride. My partner called me crazy
Tomorrow, the wife suggested we ride to Charlotte instead of drive for a class she is taking on Saturday. I wa surprised and said OK. Her mom is watching the boys overnight and we have a hotel. Tires are checked, oik is checked, washed and ready to go. I wish this class was in Asheville., but I will find something to do for 8 hours on Saturday :) :dance:

Ride safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good to have you back and enjoying your ride again. More important, your wife is enjoying riding with you. That's always a bonus! Be safe and watch the shady spots. Two weeks ago we had to turn around on the Cherohala at the NC line. The TN side was in good shape but exactly at the NC line the road was completely covered in ice and snow. Two Wingers came by and asked if we were ok and I told them we were but weren't about to ride on the ice covered road. They scoffed, turned their noses in the air and were off. And about 100 yards up the road, their wives were off then they were off as both Wings came tumbling down.

Be safe but have fun. Again, welcome back!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a fantastic ride. It has been almost 3 years since my bride and I rode together. And as custom on my trips (when I take them) we found this little Mexican Restaurant and were treated to a Mariachi Band. What fun. The LY performed perfectly. Where to next. :wave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts