BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Roof Diversion helmet and I applied 'Bob Heath Visor Antifog' on the visor. The problem is, the antifog stuff has fogged the visor permanently, the film on the inside looks like it has crystalised.

So the questions is, can I get this stuff off without ruining the visor or is it already ruined?

Cheers
Graham

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Helmet visors are made out of polycarbonate plastic (like the OEM LT windshields). Polycarbonate has a protective layer on both sides, and it seems as though anything other than water ruins them. You could try such remedies as denatured alcohol, or WD-40. But I have a pretty good (bad?) feeling that you're ruined that visor permanantly. My regrets. :(

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
gholt417 said:
I have a Roof Diversion helmet and I applied 'Bob Heath Visor Antifog' on the visor. The problem is, the antifog stuff has fogged the visor permanently, the film on the inside looks like it has crystalised.

So the questions is, can I get this stuff off without ruining the visor or is it already ruined?

Cheers
Graham
Is is scratched or filmed?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a film not a scratch.

Its about zero out and I've just rode home from work in an open face lid.

I'll try WD40 or alcohol but maybe Mrs Santa will get me a new visor for Christmas.

Thanks

Graham

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
gholt417 said:
It's a film not a scratch.

Its about zero out and I've just rode home from work in an open face lid.

I'll try WD40 or alcohol but maybe Mrs Santa will get me a new visor for Christmas.

Thanks

Graham
I had some stuff that was on the inside of windshield (made by RainX) on a truck I bought used that was supposed to do the same thing. Alcohol made it smear but my son, a chemist, brought me home some acetone that I used and that cleaned it. Not sure acetone would be too friendly to the polycarbonate.. I like the next option... ask Mrs Santa.. for new shield and a FogCity insert ... That actually works.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Heat gun is an interesting idea for scratches. Now, which one and how much heat?

I have a hard time just cleaning the visor of my Nolan. Design makes it difficult to soap and then run water around it like a Z-1 that I use for another activity. Using a wet cloth seems to be OK but not the best...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts