Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2005 with the grey leather seats or at least I think they are
leather and the driver seat is stained from my work clothes
I have tried Lexol leather cleaner but did not remove the oil/dirt
that that seems imbedded in the seat

Does anyone know of a good cleaner that would clean these seats?
And what can I use to protect the leather in the future?

Once I get these clean I'll cover the seat on my dirty work days or
change clothes at work.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I use 409 and a rag for the really tough stuff, but saddle soap for general cleaning.. Once it is clean, use a GOOD leather protectant to replenish the moisture, and to seal it.

Stay as mild as you can, as long as you can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks
I found mr clean eraser and it worked pretty good
Going to the store tomorrow to get some 409 and saddle soap and
More Mr clean eraser before the wife finds out I took her cleaning
supplies again
I already got a naggin for using all her pledge wipes on my windshield

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is no leather is some kind of vinyl. So use soap or dish washer liquid and a soft brush, clean water after and it should be good.

Hope could help you, Manfred

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
As Manfred pointed out, they're vinyl - and 409 and a new micro fiber towel will work great if they are heavily soiled - but first - I would start with a strong solution of Dawn or Lemon Joy in hot water since it's much more gentle and won't dry out the vinyl.

I strongly advise against using anything stronger than 409 - and scrubbing them will only scratch the vinyl and allow dirt to be embedded in the grain in the future. If using 409 make sure you wipe it off immediately and then flush with lots of fresh water.

To finish off, there are all kinds of vinyl "protectors" on the market, what you are looking for is one with lots of UV inhibitors and obviously one that doesn't make them slippery...

303 Aerospace Protectant claims that it is: "like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use of 303 Aerospace Protectant can reduce UV caused slow-fade by up to 100%. No other protectant beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long."

·
Registered
335 Posts
The seat on my '00 model was vinyl. I melted a nice hole in it when a cigar ash blew off and landed between the seat and the leg of my Levis. I felt the hot spot and brushed it off quickly enough that the jeans never noticed but the little hole in the seat with it's glossy edges proved that it is covered in vinyl. I had been thinking maybe it was leather too, until if figured it out the hot way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts