BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to clean up a small bit of a wiring mess under my seat of my LT. Wondering what people have found that seems to work well and fit well under there?

I also want to plan of adding a few items in the near future. Currently I have a radio amp, a set of Lizard lights, and leads for the HID lights, so would like a total of 5 to 7 lines to use so not to have a goober load of added wires to the battery.

Any input would be great.. Thank you!!.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I used a Centech AP-2 fuse block on my '07 LT for PIAA lights and a Garmin 590LM. Attached is a picture of it's installation and a decription of the AP-2. Looks like it should meet your needs and ran around $60. :bmw:

Attachments

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Good luck with cleaning up your wiring. I tried a couple of times, but I guess I am not too good at wire management (see attachment). To connect all my accessories, I used the least cost method, a piece of wood with a piece of 12V power bar or strip. You will see it towards the bottom of the picture. It was powered by a relay from the rear seat heater wire. Stuffed under the seat I had a heat troller unit, Valentine radar detector audio unit, Autocom unit, cigarette adapter to feed gps unit. You get the picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I seem to be in the same camp as Mtrevelino with nothing to really brag about but it does the job. I used a screw terminal tiewrapped to the cross bar under the main seat. Half for +12 and the other for ground with jumpers across. Fed also by the rear heater seat wire off a fused relay. I have seen the Centech used on several though.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with yall... its hard not a lot of room. I guess I could piggyback a few of the smaller ones. Lizzard lights, remote turn on for amp. some of those really low amp ones. Thank you. Think Im gonna go with the Centech one. I saw some info on Neutrino, but I dont think I need anything to that level yet.

Thank you yall.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Im wanting to clean up a small bit of a wiring mess under my seat of my LT. Wondering what people have found that seems to work well and fit well under there?

I also want to plan of adding a few items in the near future. Currently I have a radio amp, a set of Lizard lights, and leads for the HID lights, so would like a total of 5 to 7 lines to use so not to have a goober load of added wires to the battery.

Any input would be great.. Thank you!!.

Mike
I installed a Fuzeblock 9 years ago and used a plastic tray to hold it. It has worked flawlessly. I forget now where the tray came from. I liked the internal relay of the Fuzeblock and the flexibility to change circuits from switched to unswitched by simply moving the fuse position. I will post a picture if I can find one.

This thread discusses some of the pros and cons between two popular solutions.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/rt-series/51072-fuzeblock-vs-centech-ap-2-rt.html

Check this thread also. My post (#7) discusses the tray I used. I haven't checked the Fuzeblock site lately, but they had a picture of my installation there at one time.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/51983-where-mount-fuzeblock-k1200lt.html

Reactions: cws and jkersh1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts