BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I started a thread about cleaning the tail-pipe.
Well I got quite a few suggestions and combined together for a good end result. This is not the first time since then but I thought about some pictures to help show.
Oven cleaner or Bar B Q grill cleaner spray on and let sit to a frosty white foam(10-15 mins.) wipe of easily and rinse. While I was at it I decided to wash the whole bike and then detail the spoked wheels. Completed that and washed the van 1and a half hours total. Remember a lot of you had input in this. This time around a weak solution of dawn and lemon to do the paint with immediate rinse and rims were sprayed with Awesome Green for a minute of two wipe and rinse. Did not even polish or wax.
ride safe :bmw:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My bike was that clean twice.

The day I bought it and the day I sold it.

Be careful thought with the green stuff. It can be corrosive and is not allowed in some cleaning situations. Be sure it is rinsed well.

Bike looks real good. How much you asking for it?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Looks great Bill, with all that shiny stuff you could ride with a Harley bunch :histerica

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DanDiver said:
My bike was that clean twice.

The day I bought it and the day I sold it.

Be careful thought with the green stuff. It can be corrosive and is not allowed in some cleaning situations. Be sure it is rinsed well.

Bike looks real good. How much you asking for it?
Thanks for the compliment. Hate to disappoint Not 4 Sale. I know you are happy with the 1600 but I also know you have fond memories of the LT. Here is a BOLD statement if you could keep both bikes I bet yes would be the answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boatzo said:
Looks great Bill, with all that shiny stuff you could ride with a Harley bunch :histerica
Hey I started out trying to get that black soot of my pipe. Then I got to thinking 'no way to treat a lady' so I said how about a bath(with bubbles :rotf: ) and since I got that far I said heck why not go all the way with a pedicure so the wheels were the only thing left. I had so much time on my hand and enough water left so I did the van (after thought). Please don't send me with the Harleys never had one :histerica

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im with dan on this. i cleaned mine once (minus bugs off the windsheild/headlight) then i put 2000 miles on it this season so far and i just dont want to wash of the memories

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Maybe it's the color or I'm just lazy, but the only time the bike gets cleaned, during the short midwest riding season, is to get the bugs off the wind screen. Otherwise she looks fine. Black does show dirt more than champagne. I do make it a point to remove most of the tupperware in the spring and do all needed maintenance. As each plastic piece gets put back on, it first gets cleaned and waxed, so thanks for the cleaning tips. I try not to put her away too dirty for the winter, so getting the soot and major crud off happens before she gets put into her cocoon (cycle shell), but she does look like she's been ridden, often!

Have fun,
Jer

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought I was the only one that doesn't wash and clean the bike like I did in my younger years. I ruled it as prioritizing. A lot more fun to ride than clean. Besides other riders can't tell how dirty is she when you blow by them at cruising speed.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fellers! Fellers!
You got it all wrong. This is not a reflection on who washes their bike and who doesn't. I had done some riding earlier in the day from 6:15 - 11:30 am. At my gas up that morning walking back to the bike I saw the soot. Back at the house and nothing on my wife's to-do list I did not immediately garaged but rather left it on the CS. to clean the pipes. Everything that followed after that was not my fault :histerica :histerica . Well things happen. Plus I am crazy with a camera. Now you know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts