BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
messenger13 said:
Due to murray's comment in this thread, I sped off to Garmin's website and ordered my ver7 DVD for only $75! I guess patience DOES pay off. :)
I bought a Quest on clearance and I was allowed to upgrade to ver 7 for free. I just found out tonight that I was able to upgrade my 76cs to version 7 as well. I guess Garmin will let you run you software on multiple units without having to pay for two activation codes. I have had the 76cs for over six months.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I already had the DVD, but had been holding off on installation due to finances. Installed it last night.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was thinking about updating mine, but the $150 price was holding me back. I wonder if $75 is the new standard price, or if it's a time limited offer. If it's the new standard price, I'd prefer to wait until next spring when I have my next big trip planned. I'd hate to buy it now and have Garmin release a newer version prior to my trip.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think we'll see a version 8 until 2007. Garmin seems to spread the major version by about 18 months. For $75, I think it's money well-spent to update my current maps for the rest of this year and the 2006 riding season.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
There was 15 months between version 6 and version 7, so I think it is likely there will be another version before the end of 2006. Most electronic manufacturers bring out upgrades no later than september in order to catch the holiday buying season. If there is no upgrade by end of September 2006, we probably won't see one til march of 2007.

However, Garmin is under pressure from the competition now, and I believe the price reduction is a result of that, so I would expect faster upgrades of software (especially to fix mistakes.)

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
My understanding is that the V7 was still 150 bucks but the updates or upgrades to V7 were 75 bucks....?? I ordered the V7 just a couple days ago for 150 bones....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts