BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks and get to leave for a circle tour the the U.P. In Michigan. Rode up to Copper Harbor a few years back but left the first week of October. It was much colder then I expected and had to really layer up. This time it should be warmer and hopefully rain free.

Think we are going across the Mac and follow the Lake Michigan shore. Cut north in Wisconsin and back along Lake Superior,s southern shore line.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Feel free to click on my signature link to UP Cruising. This will come in quite handy when planning routes thru the region. Most popular routes are H58 between Munising and Grand Marais, US 41 in the Keewenaw to Copper Harbor, Curly Lewis Scenic Byway from Paradise to Brimley.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great website. I just picked up one of the books at our hotel. We are going to the Porcipine Mts. In the morning and are expecting another very wet day.
Great trip so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two weeks and get to leave for a circle tour the the U.P. In Michigan. Rode up to Copper Harbor a few years back but left the first week of October. It was much colder then I expected and had to really layer up. This time it should be warmer and hopefully rain free.

Think we are going across the Mac and follow the Lake Michigan shore. Cut north in Wisconsin and back along Lake Superior,s southern shore line.
We were in the UP briefly this past weekend... plan on going back! We will do the whole circle tour of Lake Michigan over labor day in the Corvette I think.

Have a great trip!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has been great roads and rides but really bad weather this week. We had temps in the low 50s with rain and high winds of around 30-45 mph until we rode far enough east to get out of the winds.

Next year we will try mid July and do a little more exploring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts