BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a Chrysler Pacifica? I am researching new company vehicles for our salesman. I thought this might be a great place to start looking for quick reviews. There are some pretty technical guys on here.
We had just about settled on Dodge Magnums before learning of the new incentives on the Pacifica, plus...they would give our guys more cargo space for presentation equipment and small product deliveries.
Any experiences would be appreciated....ie, how does the FrontWD/w traction control handle snow & ice?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I don't own one, but have test driven one.

Visibility is somewhat constricted in the rear by excessively large roof supports and a high back window, and in front by the long hood.

Gas mileage is poor ave 17mpg.

Acceleration fair.

Front wheel drive is good in snow as long as you are not going up a steep mountain pass, where the center of gravity moves to the rear and shift weight off the drive wheels.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It has been my experience that Chysler transmissions, especially in front wheel drive vehicles, are made from old East German licence plates. And if you are out of warranty, they ain't cheap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mike, I am a Chrysler Service director by trade so my opinions are certainly biased. The Pacifica has been a very good product for us. Very few product issues, and most of those were early 2004 models issues. As a whole the owners love them. Much has been written about Chrysler transmissions in the past, but that’s where the issue is, in the past. The current product is very reliable. The Pacifica does use the same basic design trans as all other FWD based Chrysler vehicles. The FWD setup is good for most weather, AWD is always better when it gets really bad. Mileage is about 17-18 city.

From the other side of the fence, my wife’s everyday car is a Pacifica, and she loves it. She commutes 34 miles each way (about 75 minutes) and is very happy with her choice.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about any Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge product. I will also be happy to send you my phone # if you would like to talk.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
The Pacifica is a very nice looking vehicle. Front wheel drive is way better than just rear drive for everything except maybe drag racing. At 3-soon maybe 5 dollars a gallon, Can your company afford such an expense? You are in business to make money right? You may on the other hand have a requirement for a large vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts