BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
just bought champage 2000lt wondered if you could help im looking for somewhere that sells chrome accesories i look at all your pics and the bikes look gorgeous by the way great community.

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Welcome to the group, Daryl.

There are very few places that sell add-on chrome for the LT. Most accessories fall into the functional or comfort categories. There just isn't a huge market of LTs out there so most accessories are pretty expensive.

I do know that the chrome front brake/clutch reservoir covers and chrome front brake/clutch levers off an R1200C will fit onto the LT. Also, G&G makes a chrome trim piece for the trunk. Other than that, there's really not a lot to be had.

Heck, I even know guys who have removed what little chrome BMW did put on some LTs and replaced it with standard silver or black parts.

What year is your LT?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh Daryl, you bought the wrong bike! On the LT,we don't do chrome accessories so it can sit and look pretty. We ride our bikes!

OK, let us know if your bike is the base model with the black mirror housings and the black side case guards. You can replace these with chrome parts.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
meese said:
I do know that the chrome front brake/clutch reservoir covers and chrome front brake/clutch levers off an R1200C will fit onto the LT.
Ken,

Only the chrome reservoir covers are interchangeable between the LT and the R1200CL. The levers are not. I know, I have them (for just one more week).

The levers:
left / clutch: 32.72.7.681.221
right / brake: 32.72.7.681.220

The covers: left and right idential: 71.60.7.655.488 (1 pce; 2 needed)

Here's a picture:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Oh Lord! Please tell me that this SICK fascination with cheesy chrome hasn't seeped over to the nether regions of the earth! :eek: :confused:

My only regret with my (now sold) '02 LT was that it was the Custom model and had all that cheesy chrome all over it. Thank heavens my new GT is NO chrome on it. (OK...the roundels have a leetle chrome ring around them...but that's it!)

So please! For the love all things natural, honest, and pure! . . . Just say "NO!" to chrome! After all . . . CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME! :D :D :D

This message brought to you by the 'Chrome-Haters of America Foundation'.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
messenger13 said:
Oh Lord! Please tell me that this SICK fascination with cheesy chrome hasn't seeped over to the nether regions of the earth! :eek: :confused:
:rotf:

Don't worry. It was stopped at my door :D

BTW, all that chrome is one of the reasons I sold the LT :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Daman858 said:
Oh Daryl, you bought the wrong bike! On the LT,we don't do chrome accessories so it can sit and look pretty. We ride our bikes!

OK, let us know if your bike is the base model with the black mirror housings and the black side case guards. You can replace these with chrome parts.

Yeah, that.

F

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chrome lt parts

ok peeps i get the message no chrome for my lt you win, my bikes year is 2000 champagne colour and yes its the base model with the black mirrors but it is still gorgeous to look at and ride equally. thanks for the comments. :bmw: :bmw: :bmw:

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
messenger13 said:

My only regret with my (now sold) '02 LT was that it was the Custom model and had all that cheesy chrome all over it. Thank heavens my new GT is NO chrome on it. (OK...the roundels have a leetle chrome ring around them...but that's it!)

So please! For the love all things natural, honest, and pure! . . . Just say "NO!" to chrome! After all . . . CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME! :D :D :D

This message brought to you by the 'Chrome-Haters of America Foundation'.
Does that include my chrome dome? (sniff....) :confused:

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    20.3 KB Views: 58

·
Registered
296 Posts
Actually.... Having come from an R1200C Montauk and spending WAY too much time cleaning chrome doodads... Anyone un-chromed your LT? I'd love to. Please advise. Thanks.

:bmw: Bruce

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Simple, Bruce. Just talk to Daryl about swapping your chrome pieces for his silver ones. :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
To show that I am getting to be an OLD FART. Back when I was into hot rodding, If it don,t go, CHROME IT was the thing.

Then people didn,t know it was stand still.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts