BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just purchased a Black 2006 LT, which I will be picking up when I get back from vacation with the family (the Caribbean will never be the same).

I am adding some items and wanted to list them here and see if I am making a mistake, or if there is something else I should get. Thanks for the help.

Hella Micro DE Xenon (mounted under cowel) Will it fit?
Autoswitch
Wings of gold
H11 5000K HID hibeam from cqlight.ca is this the correct kit?
Modulating break light kit
BakUP can this be modded to be heated?
Jpegs (I have no idea if I need XL or not or how to tell) 30" inseam any help on this would be great.

Thats it...comfort and safety. This summer I will add all the gadgets and crap.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
You are going to single handly disable any chance of stargazing within ten miles with all those lights. I like having the high beam stock so I can flash some one to get their attention. the stock xenon lowbeam and the hella's should put out enough light to see into the next county. I bought my hella's and autoswitch from Raffy and I'm very pleased. Only my Hella's are not the xenon. Enjoy your vacation and the ride. some one else will chime in on the jpegs.

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
Answers to questions:

Hella Micro DE Xenon (mounted under cowel) Will it fit? Yes.
Autoswitch - good choice to control lights
Wings of gold - nice addition
H11 5000K HID hibeam from cqlight.ca is this the correct kit? Yes.
Modulating break light kit - careful with this one. May cause ABS fault
BakUP can this be modded to be heated? Not yet. I guess you could add a heating element.
Jpegs (I have no idea if I need XL or not or how to tell) 30" inseam any help on this would be great. - Most probably the standard.

HTH,

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

After reading Raffy's posts in here it just makes you want to buy stuff from him. Thanks for the help Raffy...as usual.

Sanjaun, I hope it lights up like a supernova! I will obviously not have them on while city driving, but at night time out in BFE I want to be able to scorch earth. :)

So, the big question is...is there a diffence between the stock HID and the H11 5000K HID? will I even be able to tell its on versus the lowbeam? I want something that when its on you know its on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hid

My understanding of HID is that the whitest light is about 4200K, as you increased that number you begin to add blue and then purple to the light. More importantly you actually produce less light. I would stay with as close to the stock temperature as possible if what you want is light to see by.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts