BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

One of the Christmas gifts I received for the "Big Silver Cow" was a DDM low beam HID kit.
Unfortunately, it didn't come with any installation instructions and the on line manual only seems to cover Auto installations. Has anyone installed one of these on their LT and would be willing to share any helpful hints? (or even better a step by step "Install for Dummies" lesson).
Also received a bead rider, a new windshield, foam grip covers, a BMW T-Shirt , front brake pads, and a 12K maintenance kit. Whoo Hoo! :dance:
While I'm waiting for my shocks to come back from being rebuilt, I thought I would get the HID installed. I don't know if it makes it any easier or not, but the nose section is removed from the bike right now.
Can't wait for the snow to melt to get the "Cow" back on the road with new tires, shocks, a windshield I can actually see through and all of the maintenance done!!! (It all came apart really easy, now comes the hard part!)
Thanks to all. Your responses to all of my other newbie questions has been invaluable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I installed the H7 low beam on my 2000 LT.
Did not have to remove any tupperware.
I followed the instructions as per the sheet that came with it. I sut the Spacer with a wire cutter and removed it. Put a hole in the dust cover. Mounted the bulb like the normal H7 bulb. The ballast, I just cable tied it up on a frame member of the tupperware.

Really wasn't a bad job.
I REALLY like the light output. Glad I did it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the response.
I guess I should of done more homework before I asked for the kit.
I assumed it was an unplug the old bulb , plug in the new bulb type of installation.
Hopefully I get it installed without breaking anything!
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts